Becky
I got derailed from blogging over the last few months. And I think I've figured out why this happens to me. I'm someone who needs there to be a point to doing something. I love blogging....as long as I feel someone, anyone, is reading. No comments ever equals no one reading in my mind. So if no one is reading then why blog, right? I know that's not necessarily the reality of it but its how my mind works. So if you read my blog comment on occasion! And I promise I'll be more regular about blogging.

I've gotten re-focused on the financial stuff so will be blogging more on what I've done and what I'm doing now. I'm also looking to learn to be a more frugal shopper. Coupon cutting has always been a fruitless exercise for me but I think its more a function of I just haven't found a method that works for me. Plus, for a lot of things I buy store brand/generic so coupons don't tend to work. But I want to learn to plan grocery lists based on what's on sale and figure out which grocery store truly gives me the most bang for my buck.

I'm checking out www.mint.com to see if its something I'll use. Not sure yet. The one huge negative I've found with it is you can't add a debt to it that you don't have an online log in for. So if you have a short credit-line debt or personal loan with someone there's no way to add it to the loan category. That sucks when trying to use the site as part of your debt pay-off tracking. It looks like the budgeting function though has a lot of nice features so I'm going to finish setting up my budget in it and try using it for a couple months to see how it goes. Any and all suggestions and advice welcome!!
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment